Thursday 28 July 2011

GMAT Update: Week 4 - More MGMAT Sentence Correction

There’s been quite a gap between Week 3 and Week 4 of my studies. I’ve finally moved to Germany, and I must say it’s lovely here. I can totally see myself settling down here in the future, and the language is not too hard to learn either; I’ve already started ordering Pepsi and asking for directions in Deutsch! I can't wait to start visiting all the tourist places.

So with things getting quite hectic with the moving and travelling, I’ve barely had time to get those books out. All that changed this week though; I’ve unpacked, started work, and settled into my routine for the next two months.

I continued where I’d left off, with SC. I’m reaching the end of the book now – I’ve finished part one, the basic strategy bit of the book, and have now progressed to part two, which is the advanced portion of the book. To be very honest though, I’m not too thrilled about this book. Yes, it’s great; yes it contains everything you need to know to ace SC, but it just feels too much. I’m starting to lose patience with it, wondering when on earth I would get to the end. Now that I’ve started work, I’m not able to put in more than an hour of study per day on weekdays (I actually put in an hour and a half, but only an hour of that is useful). So weekends are going to be very important, I’m going to try and stay away from distractions as much as possible. Easier said than done I supposed, given that I’m in a new country.

With SC out of the way, I would’ve fully completed the verbal section of the GMAT, which is quite an accomplishment, I feel. Now I just have Quant, which is supposed to be what I’m good at.

I’m planning on taking a practice test this weekend, to see if there’s any improvement from my previous test score after studying verbal. Or maybe I should wait and do some problems from the Official Guides first, before tackling a practice test. Or maybe I’ll do both. Yep, I’m over-ambitious sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You're in Germany already! That is too cool, MRI!
    So, why the move to Germany, if you don't mind me asking?

    I can imagine how hard it must be to TRY and study in a different country. Sooo many distractions. But you have this! You are going to kick butt on the GMAT! :) Sending lots of good vibes your way! ;)
    By the way, when are you scheduled to take the exam?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not a permanent move, I'm here on internship for the next 3 months. So I'll only be here til end of September, and then I'll have to go back to Malaysia for University. I'm gonna be bummed about leaving Europe that's for sure, I've had a brilliant time in the last one year.

    Definitely! I fell a little ill this weekend so I couldnt go exploring, but I cannot wait for next weekend :D I did however, use Saturday to do a little shopping, cleaned out Zara completely haha ;)

    I'll be taking the exam 14th October. So as much as I'd like to pretend I have a lot of time, that's unfortunately not true.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, suggestions, ideas, opinions - feel free to add them here! Thanks!